This year’s Wayfarers Pantomime, Cinderella, has been crowned Best Panto in Somerset at the annual Somerset Fellowship of Drama Awards.
In view of the current lockdown restrictions, the evening’s presentations were made live online, watched by members of 23 societies from across the county.
Wayfarers were nominated in 13 different sections:
– Junior Group
– Comedy Duo – Ben Dunton and Peter Meredith
– Dance Troupe
– Female Singer – Hannah Carolan
– Romantic Duet – Hannah Carolan & Ben Giles
– Linkman of the Year – David Williams
– Principal Boy of the Year – Ben Giles
– Principal Girl of the Year – Hannah Carolan
– Director – Chris Holman-Holmes
Winning the following nominations:
– Theatre Stage Management – Garry Stacey and Martin Lock
– Theatre Design
– Musical Director – Matt Holman-Holmes
A particular mention to Garry and Martin who retain the award they won last year, which they have now won 4 times in the last 5 years.
The panto adjudicators picked out children from each society as promising young performers. For Wayfarers these were Noah Morgan and Robert Stepney.
In the absence of a formal setting, Wayfarers homes came together using Zoom, which allowed everyone to watch the events of the evening unfold. The final award, being the Cinderella Trophy for Best Pantomime, brought many different scenes of joy from around the assembled screens.
Congratulations to everyone who made Cinderella such a successful show and thank you to the 3000+ people who came to see it, without whom it would simply have not been the same.